Happy summer! We’re excited to announce a search for a 2017-2018 Production Intern, & hope you or somebody you know might be interested. Broadly, the production intern will be responsible for aiding the ensemble in producing concerts—from attending planning meetings, to coordinating equipment and promotion, to working with ensemble members on planning future performances.
While priorities and administrative needs shift from season to season, previous interns’ duties have included:
- Managing social media and website/blog updates;
- Proofreading grant applications;
- Assisting in situ at performances with house tasks (selling tickets, setup, etc.);
- Coordinating percussion equipment cartage; and
- Creating and maintaining databases.
The internship provides hands-on experience with the business of running a chamber ensemble in New York; interns learn about the commissioning process, grant-making, and the art of putting together a successful concert.
The ideal intern possesses the following qualifications:
- Is currently studying or recently studied music at an undergraduate (BM) or graduate (MM) level (specialization in composition and/or performance of new music preferred);
- Has a basic understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as of the WordPress content management platform; and
- Is interested in the process of creating new music from head to tail, is a self-starter, possesses a strong ability to extrapolate from basic instructions in order to complete projects.
No previous production experience is necessary, though applicants should have a basic understanding of contemporary music in general. The internship is unpaid, however college credit can be organized if the intern so wishes. The general time commitment is roughly 8 hours per month, and most tasks can be completed remotely, with occasional in-person meetings with the artistic directors.
All interested parties should submit a résumé and cover letter to Kyle Tieman-Strauss, co-artistic director of Echo Chamber, at email@example.com, by July 31, 2017.
It bears noting that Echo Chamber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, disability, marital status, or military status in any of its activities or operations.